Or how not to be broke while at UCSD
The office of graduate studies just started a funding blog. Shannon Chamberlain (the graduate fellowship advisor) helps grad students with funding issues. She runs the blog. Check it out at this website. She is also available to give advice on application strategies and edit proposals. You can reach her at (858) 822-2938; ude.dscu|nialrebmahcfs#ude.dscu|nialrebmahcfs
A Few Good Search Engines
- SURF Database, UCSD's own search engine: isn't as good as UCLA's GRAPES: [http://www.gdnet.ucla.edu/grpinst.htm
- Community of Science offers opportunities in all fields: [http://www.cos.com]
Other Electronic Resources
- A guide to writing grant and fellowships proposals.
- UC's Internal Graduate Research Opportunities. Especially good for international students, as many don't require citizenship or a green card.
- Of interest to UCSD students:
- UC-MEXUS: http://ucmexus.ucr.edu/
- Pacific Rim Research Program: http://www.ucop.edu/research/pacrim/
- DAAD: http://www.daad.org/
- Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program: http://www.trdrp.org/
- University-wide AIDS Research Program: http://uarp.ucop.edu/
- UC Institute for Research in the Arts: http://www.ucira.ucsb.edu/
- UC Humanities Research Institute: http://flatiron.sdsc.edu/projects/uchri/index.php
Trying to figure out what fellowships you should be applying for? Check out this page on what kinds of fellowship are available throughout the PhD process and what you need to do to get them!