The Graduate Commuity Coordinator is a intern in the Office of Graduate Studies. The position was established in 2004-2005. The intern's primary responsibilities are to create programming to build community and foster diversity within the UCSD grad student population. S/he rotates between each of the campus community-centers creating programs and iniatives. The intern is generally at the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center in the fall, the Women's Center in the winter, and the Cross-Cultural Center in the spring. The intern can guide you toward campus resources, help you create an event, and help you establish a student organziation.
What does the OGS Graduate Community Coordinator do for you?
- Guide you towards campus resources
- Puts on events for graduate students
- Sit on committees pertinent to building graduate student community
- Help you host your own event by helping you find funding and locations and publicizing the event.
- Provides advice on how to start a graduate student organization
- Set up a listserv for your group
- Who knows? You have unique interests and need contact the GCC to find out what they can help you with.
- See the Graduate Community Coordinator's past programs and iniatives
- Check out the Graduate Community Coordinator's blog on the wiki or at http://gcc.vox.com.
- Pictures from Grad Community Coordinator Events:
Contact the GCC
- Contact Info. Email: ude.dscu|ytinummoc-darg#ude.dscu|ytinummoc-darg. Phone: (858) 822-4543
Contact the Graduate Community Coordinator directly by using this form: