Visit the GSA website at [http://firstname.lastname@example.org]
The Graduate Student Association is the official governing body of graduate and professional students at UCSD.
The Graduate Student Association represents the interests and concerns of graduate and professional students on campus, systemwide, locally, statewide, and on national levels. Through various activities and programming, GSA enriches the lives of graduate and professional students and advances their interests politically, academically, and socially.
The GSA is structured into 2 main parts: The executive council and departmental representatives. The executive council includes the President, Vice President of Internal Affairs, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President of Finance, Vice President of External Affairs, and Vice President of Campus Affairs / Campus Organizing Director. The departmental representatives are elected by their home departments. The number of representatives from each department depends on the number of graduate student in the department.
GSA has regular meetings for the Executive Council and regular general body meetings. The general body meetings take place by weekly on Mondays. Check the GSA website for times and meeting locations.
GSA also has a number of subcommittees for graduate students to serve on such as the Affliated Housing Advisory Board, Commuter Advisory Board, and Quality of Life for Underrepresented Students Committee. For a complete list of GSA committees including which ones have vacancies visit this page: http://gsa.ucsd.edu/internal/
Programs and Iniatives
- Each quarter GSA sponsors a campus wide social event: Fall Free for All, Winter Snow Goddess, and Spring Fling.
- GSA sponsors an end-of-the-year luau.
- GSA sponsors a welcome event for incoming graduate students after the All-Grad Orientation.
- GSA was the primary group involved in putting together the first Graduate and Professional Student Experience Survey in 2004.
- GSA can provide funding for graduate students that wish to create programs and events. Visit this page for more info: http://gsa.ucsd.edu/finance/
Results of the 2007-2008 GSA Elections - May 14, 2007
Congratulations to the newly elected members of the executive committee, who will take office at the last regularly scheduled GSAUCSD Council meeting of the academic year on Monday, June 4, 2007:
President: Doug Jorgesen
VP Internal Affairs: Melanie Zauscher
VP Academic Affairs: Nick Saenz
VP Financial Affairs: Beckie Padgett
VP External Affairs: Rob Martin
VP Campus Affairs: Griffin Brungraber