San Diego's public transportation system can usually get you where you want to go. There are a few routes that every student should know about, and many of them are free with the UCSD Free Bus Sticker.
* Route 30 - UCSD to downtown, via downtown La Jolla and the beaches
* Route 41 - UCSD to Fashion Valley Mall, via Clairemont
* Route 48/49 - Around the UTC area and campus
* Coaster - A commuter train connecting downtown to locations along the coast, all the way up to Oceanside. Our closest station is Sorrento Valley, and there's a university shuttle that will take you there.
* The San Diego Trolley - Very useful for the parts of San Diego it serves, which doesn't yet include UCSD
For more information about the San Diego Metropolitan Transportation System (MTS) check out their website [http://www.sdcommute.com]. On the website you can find bus route timetables, route maps, use the online trip planner and more.San Diego's public transportation system can usually get you where you want to go.